CAWA and TechForce Foundation Strike a New Collaboration for the Betterment of the Auto Care Industry
Sacramento, CA and Phoenix, AZ – October 24, 2023 – CAWA and TechForce Foundation have formed a new strategic alliance to address the growth and support of America’s skilled technician workforce. The two not-for-profit organizations will collaborate and share resources to promote the technician profession with young people, connect industry volunteers with future techs and tech school programs, and spotlight the importance of respecting techs who keep America rolling.
“Our country needs skilled, qualified automotive technicians to keep our lives moving. Students who love problem-solving and working with their hands are longing to find an education and career that fits. For many, a 4-year university isn’t the path they want or need. Instead, they’d be most excited by a technical career,” shares Jennifer Maher, CEO of TechForce Foundation. “These days the auto tech profession offers a solid middle-class wage, the opportunity to live and work anywhere, and involvement in the fast-evolving, technology-rising mobility industry. Students are unaware of all their options and don’t always know how to navigate the career exploration pipeline. By forming this collaboration, CAWA and TechForce have combined the conduits through which we can reach, support, and connect aspiring tech students to their futures.”
Representing the Automotive Parts Industry, Rodney Pierini the President & CEO of CAWA adds, “The Board of Directors unanimously supported this new collaboration with TechForce, and we are excited to contribute to promoting and growing the technician workforce as another contribution of the Association to the improvement of the auto care industry”.
The principles of the collaboration are:
- CAWA’s website will promote and support the technician workforce.
- CAWA will invite its members to become “TechForce Champions” whereby they will provide financial support to the charitable mission of TechForce Foundation.
- CAWA will ask its members to become “TechForce Ambassadors”, volunteering to speak in various venues regarding the need for a robust technician workforce.
- CAWA will encourage its members to nominate technicians to TechForce to share their positive stories to inspire young people and their influencers , e.g., parents school counselors, etc., regarding careers as technicians.
- CAWA members will have access to TechForce’s resource center to assist them in promoting technician careers.
- CAWA will assist TechForce (and vice-versa) in building relationships with tech high schools and post-secondary programs.
CAWA is an automotive aftermarket trade association, which represents auto parts jobbers, retailers, warehouse distributors, manufacturers, manufacturer representatives and program groups. The Association provides educational, legislative and business support to the industry and its membership. It is one of the largest trade associations of its kind in the United States and recognized as a leader in the automotive aftermarket industry. For more information, visit www.cawa.org.
About TechForce Foundation:
TechForce Foundation is a national nonprofit, 501(c)(3) with the mission to champion all students to and through their education and into careers as professional technicians. TechForce powers the technician workforce by awarding more than $2.3 million in scholarships and grants annually to financially-disadvantaged students; changes perceptions towards this evolving, ‘new collar’ STEM career; and provides local career exploration and workforce development programming. TechForce’s online, social network of students, working technicians, instructors, employers, industry professionals and enthusiasts committed to championing the technician workforce is the conduit through which the charity delivers its free resources, programs and career hub for the benefit of aspiring technicians. For more information, visit techforce.org. Follow us on TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Linkedin.