Bill Neale Automotive Fine Art Award for High School Students Call for Entries to Launch at Mecum Dallas 2023
– Award Honors World-Renowned Dallas-based artist who passed away in 2021
– Open to U.S. high school students grades 9-12
– Benefits youth pursuing technical transportation careers by supporting TechForce Foundation
Dallas, TX – (September 19, 2023) – The Carroll Shelby Foundation, Mecum Auctions, Terlingua Racing Team and Texas Auto Writers Association (TAWA) are pleased to announce the upcoming launch of the Bill Neale Automotive Fine Art Award for High School Students. The award honors world-renowned automotive artist Bill Neale by recognizing and encouraging excellence in automotive fine art among high school students. The Dallas-based artist passed away in 2021 at the age of 95.
- WHAT: Bill Neale Automotive Fine Art Award for High School Students Call For Entries
- WHEN: September 21, 2023, at 10 AM. Media is encouraged to arrive by 9:45 AM as the announcement will take place promptly at 10 AM at the end of the Road Art auction and prior to the vehicle auction.
- WHERE: Mecum Dallas 2023, Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center, Dallas
- INTERVIEW OPPORTUNITIES:
- Teia Collier – TAWA President (Award Host and Sponsor)
- Dave Magers – Mecum Auctions CEO (Award Sponsor)
- Jennifer Maher – TechForce Foundation CEO (Award Beneficiary)
- Leslie Neale – Bill Neale’s daughter/Terlingua Racing Team (Award Sponsor)
- Aaron Shelby – Carroll Shelby Foundation (Award Sponsor)
- Award and Call for Entries Announcement on the Mecum auction block
- Bill Neale artwork on Display
- TechForce Foundation Students in attendance from Dallas-area high schools
The Bill Neale Automotive Fine Art Automotive Art Award for High School Students would not be possible without the generous support of the following sponsors: The Carroll Shelby Foundation, Mecum Auctions, Terlingua Racing Team and the Texas Auto Writers Association.
About the Texas Auto Writers Association
Founded in 1987, the Texas Auto Writers Association has grown to become one of the most recognized and reputable automotive press organizations in the industry. TAWA’s mission is to promote quality and accuracy in automotive journalism and to disseminate information about the automotive industry through news-related print, online and broadcast media. In addition to promoting journalism opportunities and professionalism internally, TAWA funds scholarships to journalism students.
About TechForce Foundation
TechForce Foundation is a national nonprofit, 501(c)(3) with the mission to champion all students to and through their education and into careers as professional technicians. TechForce powers the technician workforce by awarding more than $2.3 million in scholarships and grants annually to financially disadvantaged students; changes perceptions towards this evolving, ‘new collar’ STEM career; and provides local career exploration and workforce development programming. TechForce’s online network of students, working technicians, instructors, employers, industry professionals and enthusiasts committed to championing the technician workforce is the conduit through which the charity delivers its free resources, programs and career hub for the benefit of aspiring technicians. For more information, visit techforce.org. Follow us on TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin and YouTube.