Scholarships and Grants
Attention Students at:
Universal Technical Institute
NASCAR Technical Institute
Motorcycle Mechanics Institute
Marine Mechanics Institute
MIAT College of Technology
Need other information?
Start the application process
A TechForce scholarship (or cash grant) is a financial award to aid you in paying for the cost of your education. It does not require repayment. TechForce scholarships are privately funded by our partners, meaning the funds come from corporate and individual donors – not the government. It’s expected our scholarships are added to any other financial support you receive.
No – Joining TechForce is free and you’ll find valuable resources about a technician career, jobs and scholarships!
TechForce Foundation is a national nonprofit corporation, recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) public charity. Our Board of Directors has established the Minimum Eligibility Requirements for students:
- Be a U.S. citizen, a permanent resident or approved DACA status;
- Have a high school diploma or GED;
- Be an enrolled future student — or — an active, current student in good standing at a post-secondary, accredited educational institution offering a vehicle technician curriculum;
- Must demonstrate financial hardship by having a completed and approved FAFSA on record at campus (or other financial-need based evidence, if using DACA status) available for review by the Foundation;
- Applicants must also meet any requirements posted for specific scholarships or grants offered by the Foundation (such as minimum GPA, start date, school program, etc.)
- Email: Use the Contact Us form on this website to send a message, including your school name, student ID# and the issue you’re having. We’ll get back to you typically within 2 business days.
- School Staff: Ask your campus Student Services department – they have a wealth of information and experience assisting students.
- TechForce Network Issues: Click the chat box circle on the lower right of any TechForce Network page to connect to the Help Desk.
Call us Toll Free: Our number is (866) 519-6923. If we don’t pickup (we’re a small crew!), leave a message along with your Student ID#, the issue you are having, and a call back number. We’ll get back to you, typically within 2 business days.
Yes – TechForce Foundation scholarships are need-based as determined by your completed and approved FAFSA for the current school year. If you are DACA status, we will consider other need-based evidence provided to your school.
Create a profile in the TechForce Network, our free online career hub, and click on Scholarships. You’ll find a video and tips to help you apply.
Yes, TechForce receives donations through the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC #70172) for Veterans. Many donors also give specifically to help certain groups of people, such as women or people with learning differences. Follow the standard application process and you will be automatically matched to these opportunities.
Login to your scholarship portal through TechForce and check! Make sure to review the Award Cycles and Decision Days calendar first to make sure it’s decision time – we run different cycles throughout the year.
We run new cycles all year long and you can apply for all you’re qualified for! So Login to TechForce often; you don’t want to miss out on something new!
TechForce has awarded millions in scholarships since our start, but there is not enough money for everyone. So keep trying – we’re always raising new money and we love persistence!
Yes – After you apply for TechForce support, look for our list of other organizations to see external opportunities from credible partners we work with. You can also check with your school for other sources.
The most common reasons are:
- Email account: Use your PERSONAL email address – the one that is on file with your school.
- Password: If you can’t remember your password, from the Login page, click “Forgot your password” and follow the process to reset your password.
- Account Confirmation Not Completed – Make sure you have confirmed your account. Check your SPAM/JUNK folder if you have not seen the email confirmation link.