Nominations Open Monday, May 15, 2023
About the TechForce Foundation
Techs Rock Awards
When Techs Rock, America Rolls!® And here at TechForce, we’re proud of the community of professional transportation technicians who are full of passion and grit, exhibit true excellence in their work and drive the future of our industry – ultimately propelling their companies to new growth and success.
That’s why we’re seeking the best technicians across the country and honoring them with the 2023 TechForce Techs Rock AwardsTM. Winners will receive special prizes and be celebrated throughout the industry via both digital and print promotion.
Important Dates to Remember:
May 15, 2023
May 26, 2023 at 11:59 PM PT
Deadline to Accept Nomination
May 29, 2023 at 11:59 PM PT
Category Winners Announced
& Online Grand Prize Voting Starts
June 12, 2023 at 8 AM PT
June 16, 2023 at 11:59 PM PT
Grand Prize Winner Announced
June 20, 2023
MEET THE 2022 WINNERS
Rookie of the Year
Die Hard Award
Barrier Buster Award
Pay it Forward
2023 Prizes to be Announced Soon
Each of the five (5) Category Winners, as selected by an esteemed panel of judges, received a prize package valued at over $1,700 from TechForce partners including Ford Motor Company, AutoZone, CRC Industries, Snap-on Industrial, Advance Auto Parts, WD-40 Company and Cengage.
Grand Prize Winner
One (1) Grand Prize Winner was awarded an all-expenses-paid trip to STX 2024 in Orlando, FL valued at $3,000 courtesy of Advance Auto Parts, along with an additional prize package valued at over $5,500 from TechForce partners CRC Industries, Ford Motor Company, Snap-on Industrial, Advance Auto Parts, WD-40 Company and AutoZone.
2022 Award Judges
2023 Judges to be Announced Soon
Nomination Eligibility and Requirements
Nominate a technician:
To nominate a technician, please offer details on your candidate in the nomination form above. Nominations closed on Friday, May 26, 2023, at 11:59 PM PT.
Nominees must be professional technicians, working full-time in the auto, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle, marine, aviation, restoration or motorsports industry. Nominees shall exhibit exemplary character and be making a positive impact in their workplace and/or community; be respected for their technical skills and reputation as a qualified tech; and have concrete examples of how they exceed expectations in the category being nominated for.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must reside within the 50 United States or District of Columbia (Washington D.C.)
- It is highly encouraged to nominate technicians who have achieved workplace accomplishments and milestones in the past 18 months.
- An individual may only be nominated in one category.
- Only one individual nominee is permitted for your submission. If you wish to nominate more than one person, you must submit separate nominations for each individual.
- Each essay question should be answered in complete sentences.
- The “Additional Contact” field is a great place to list the nominee’s supervisor or the nominee organization’s Communications or Marketing contact.
- Nominations must be submitted through the Techs Rock Awards online nomination form.
- Once nominated, the nominee will receive a confirmation email to accept the nomination and answer a short survey. The acceptance survey must be completed by Monday, May 29, 2022, at 11:59 PM PT, or the nomination will not be considered for the program.
- Chosen honorees must be willing to have their name, photo, and company name and logo published in a digital and print marketing campaign announcing the winners.
- Honorees may also be asked to participate in a photo shoot, in addition to a Q&A-style interview with our editorial team.
NOTE ON PRIZE INCOME: The Internal Revenue Code states that under certain circumstances the value of prizes and awards/gifts to individuals is considered taxable income. Merchandise or products won as a prize or award will be considered at the fair market value and could also be considered taxable income. Nonresident aliens may be subject to additional tax rules regardless of amount, depending on circumstances and treaty status. The prize and award/gift amount will be treated as 1099 income. The recipient will receive a Form 1099-MISC from TechForce Foundation on any winnings totaling $600.00 or more in a calendar year. The recipient will also be required to provide TechForce Foundation with a completed W-9 form, which includes social security number, to be used for issuing a 1099 for tax purposes, as well as signing a prize/award acceptance form. Additionally, should a scholarship be awarded, the recipient is required to complete the scholarship application and acceptance process online at techforce.org.